Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Things I've been learning

I have really learned so much even just in the past year. I have learned so much about patience and being a good friend. But I think lately something has really been hitting me hard. I have been reading all these books/blogs that talk about being positive and being truly happy. And I've been thinking really hard about what it means to be truly happy and having a positive mindset. I feel like I get so off track sometimes and I let the smallest things put me in a bad mood. Life is way too short to waste time worrying or getting mad over things. I've learned that when things do happen, I just need to not stress over it or blame others for it. And I mean, why do we make life hard for each other when we know how hard life can be? Like the "kid president" said, "if life is a game, aren't we on the same team?" So I'm thinking of some things I need to work on.

1. First off, I need to work on being more patience and slower to anger. I feel like I sometimes let little things upset me or put me in a bad mood. I waste so much time upset over small things. Why is that? Your guess is as good as mine.

2. To just say yes. I am reading this AMAZING book called Love Does by Bob Goff and although he says a ton of great things, one thing really hit home. He said "I used to think you had to be special for God to use you, but now I know you simply need to say yes." Wow. I mean, it makes me wonder what  adventures God will put me on if I just say yes.

3. To fully engage myself in life and embrace every moment and every adventure I can. My favorite moments are the spontaneous moments where we just decide to go somewhere and we just go. I want to engage myself in those moments and even the moments when I'm not doing much. God gives us new opportunities every day. We have the decision to fully engage ourselves, or miss out. Even if it makes us slightly uncomfortable. In fact, God wants us to be uncomfortable sometimes.

4. To be the best friend I can be. This is something that is extremely important to me. I try my best to listen. Even when I don't have the best advice, I want to just listen. Bob Goff also talks about how a friend doesn't just say things, they just DO. I want to be that kind of friend.

5. Lastly, I want to keep a smile on my face even when I don't feel like smiling. This is something I struggle with all the time. I want to start being positive despite the circumstances. Even when things go wrong, I want to be able to smile and know that things will work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com