Pages

Monday, December 30, 2013

2014!

So, 2013 is almost over! How crazy is that? I'm actually pretty excited for 2014. With it, comes a lot of milestones for me. And I'm very excited. Okay, so aside from the exciting things coming up, I also am setting a few goals for myself.
1. I want to gain more self confidence. This is a major one for me. I've been working on my confidence lately so this is a huge goal for me for the next year. I also want to stop comparing myself to others and start seeing my beauty. After all, isn't my blog called "simply beautiful"?
2. I want to go out of my comfort zone. Now, when I say this you're probably thinking, "woah! she wants to go like skydiving or something cool!" that's not necessarily what I mean. I want to do something that I would normally maybe be too shy or scared to do. Maybe that means helping someone or going somewhere new. I'm really not totally sure yet what I will do. I believe God wants us to be uncomfortable sometimes. I think that's a big part of being a Christ follower. We must go out of our comfort zone to accomplish big things. 
3. I want to develop a broader perspective of life. Now, this one doesn't really have to happen in 2014. I think this one is just a main goal for me in life. Sometimes I feel like I'm just going through the motions. I really don't want that. I want to fully engage myself in things. I want to engage myself in conversations and friendships unlike I ever truly have. 
4. I want to change someone else's perspective of life. I want to help someone be closer to God and find the true joy that comes when we accept God.
5. Lastly, I just want to find true happiness. I want to have more happy moments. I want to smile more and focus less on the dark moments. This is something I greatly struggle with. Sometimes I'm far too focused on the bad times that I forget that there are so many amazing times coming.
I believe this next year will bring me lots of happiness. Although, there will still be dark times I am ready and excited for what's to come. 
This is what I really want to strive to become. This kind of girl. So, I promise to update you on how well these goals are going. And I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com