Pages

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Good Thoughts.

We only get one life to live. One. In this life we have a billion things to do. Lately I feel like my life moves at lightning speed and I just have to remind myself to slow down. I have to remind myself that its okay to relax for awhile. 
I realized something about myself that kind of frustrates me. I often say I'm going to do something and never do it. Why is that? 
I want to start doing things, not just saying things or hoping for things to happen, I need to make things happen. 
I'm tired of staying in one place. I want to go out of my comfort zone more and explore my calling. I know what you're probably thinking, I have my whole life to do things things. Well, I don't want to waste time. I'm definitely in a season of change right now. If you know me, you probably know I have a hard time with change, like big time. I always tend to think it is going to be a negative thing. I'm learning to embrace it and realize that God is working in every situation. After all, when has God ever not worked things out for me? So, I want to do more things that I am passionate about and more things that I am good at. Not because I'm selfish, I just think of all the possibilities out there if I stop being so shy or nervous and just do. I think not only would I personally be more happy, but I would be able to contribute to the happiness of others. 
So, some things I'd like to do more of:
1. Photography. This is definitely something that makes me happy and I want to get better at. 
2. Take chances. I need to relax and not overthink things. I'm always so hesitant to take chances because I'm scared of the outcome. I need to take chances on people and opportunities and see where God takes me. 
3. Spend time away from technology and enjoy the people I love and embrace the moments that I would otherwise miss out on because of my phone.

So, here's to a spontaneous, unorganized sunday night post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com